Publications & Events
10-minute play “Dancing with J. D. Salinger” will be performed as part of 2019 Fringe of Marin Festival of Short Plays at INCAVO in San Rafael on August 25 @ 2-3pm and MANTRA in Novato on August 29 @ 7-8pm.
Lucid Moments: Books as Viewfinders is a semifinalist for the 2019 Tamaqua Award for a Book of Essays from Hidden River Arts.
“BFFs” is a finalist for the Ernest Hemingway Flash Fiction Prize 2018.
“Consuela Speaks Her Mind” is a finalist in Narrative magazine’s Spring 2018 Story Contest.
In 2018, Marianne Rogoff’s work also made the Short List for the Bath International Novella-in-Flash Award, Top 10 for Sequestrum’s Editor’s Reprint Award, and Top 10 for the Tillie Olsen Short Story Award.
* Her story “Attention” was one of three Tillie Olsen Award Top 10 winners selected for publication in the July 2018 issue of Tishman Review.
* Pushcart Prize nominated story collection, Love Is Blind in One Eye: 7 Stories, was published by Shebooks, May 2016, in ebook and print.
* 10-minute play "Common Tongues" was among nine shorts selected for staged readings at Mill Valley Public Library's February Shorts Festival! Thanks to Lavinia Spalding, who first published this as a short story in The Best Women's Travel Writing 2011. At Creekside Room Tuesday February 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
* Pints & Prose, March 17, 2015, 6-9pm, Peri's Fairfax, Guest Reader with the Tuesday Night Writers, followed by Open Mic, strictly 5 minutes, then Live Music.
* LitQuake: LitCrawl at Rebound Books, San Rafael. Saturday October 11, 2014, 10am-11am. Reading travel stories with Laura McAndish King and Lisa Alpine.
* A tribute to Marianne Rogoff's teacher Gina Berriault and review of Berriault's new collection from Counterpoint Press, Three Short Novels, appears Summer 2014 in Mill Valley Literary Review.
* Reading at Get Lit with other women travel writers on Wednesday July 23, 2014, 7pm, Corkscrew Wine Bar, Petaluma, CA.
* An excerpt from long story "Apprehension" was published July 2014 in East Coast Ink issue on Portraiture.